How to apply for Germany Business Visa in Nigeria
Germany Business visa is a type of short-term or visitor’s visa issued by the German authority. Follow the tips in this post on how to apply for Germany Business visa in Nigeria.
How to Apply for Germany Business Visa
The procedure for applying for Germany business visa is straightforward. All you need to do is read the following steps carefully and follow them. Only by following them, you will be able to successfully apply for the business visa without paying for the services of a travel agent.
Click HERE to download the guideline for completing the online application form. Please read the document carefully.
Visit the German visa application website to fill the online application form and print it.
Click HERE for your online appointment booking.
Visit the Germany consulate office in Lagos on appointment date. Go along with the application form and other supporting documents. Click German Embassy for the consulate office address.
Supporting documents checklist
- Valid passport and one coloured copy of its data page (only E-Passports can be accepted, no observations or renewals allowed).
- Copy of Nigerian residence permit (for non-Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria).
- Two copies of the same pass photographs to biometric specifications (one is to be attached to application form and while the other stands alone).
- Schengen Visa application form.
- Travel health insurance: You can buy your travel insurance from us at a discounted rates. As a partner with mutual benefits assurance plc, you can order your travel insurance from us and receive it within 10 minutes. After placing an order, you can either print the insurance from your email or pick up a printed copy at any mutual benefits assurance plc offices or Naijagoingabroad offices nationwide. Click here to order your insurance now!
- Copy of flight ticket (including return flight): Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post.
- Proof of accommodation in Germany: In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim. Read our Hotel Reservation + Flight Reservation for visa application post.
- Coloured copy of all previous Schengen visas (if applicable).
- A typed and signed sheet bearing the name, date of birth, place of birth, passport number, telephone number, email, postal address and contact in Germany (name and address).
- Business travellers and persons shipping goods from Germany must present an original invitation letter, not older than three months, from a company in Germany. They must also present the certificate of registration/incorporation, which is not older than six months, of the company.
Those on conferences, courses, training or cultural events must present invitation for the purpose of travelling. While trade fair visitors should provide invitation for trade fair or entry ticket.
- Certificate of incorporation of the applicant’s company in Nigeria
- Memorandum and articles of association.
- Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Tax Clearance Certificate/Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate of the past year.
- Bank stamped and signed personal bank statements of the applicants of the last three months
- Bank stamped and signed personal bank statements of the applicant’s company for the last three months
- Letter of introduction from applicant’s employer.
- Applicant’s pay slip for the last three months.
- Evidence of business in Nigeria and also of former and current transactions in Nigeria and/or abroad.
- Marriage Certificate issued by marriage registry or wedding pictures and affidavit of facts if traditionally married (this is not for frequent travellers).
- Birth certificates of children (minor) even if they will not travel.
- A prepaid envelope by any major courier service to return passport and original documents.
- Precious stones exporters must provide:
- License to possess or purchase minerals
- Exporter’s registration certificate
- Export clearance certificate
- Certificate of entry into the mining industry (if applicable)
If applicant is a minor, he must provide:
- Birth certificate
- Letter of school confirming current enrolment and sanctioning leave of absence
- Consent letter from both parents regarding child’s travel
- Copy of parent’s passports
- Death certificate (If one parent is deceased)
- Court order regarding child’s custody (if parents are divorced)
- You are bound to encounter little hitch when booking your appointment online. You may click the link and it won’t be responsive. This is only because of the heavy traffic on the official Germany Embassy website. Do try again after sometime, and again and again, until you successfully book your appointment.
- You will have to pay a visa fee before you submit your application. The amount mentioned on the official website of Germany Embassy is N13,000 but we advise that you go with about N21,000.
- Visa fee is not fixed.
- You may be asked to present addition information or evidence.
If you have found this post helpful, please share it through the social networks and help us help others with this information. If you have questions or comments, do drop them and I will take time to answer and acknowledge them to the best of my capacity. Thank you.
If you have not taken our free visa eligibility test, we advise you take the test now in order to properly plan your application.